Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
One of my high school girlfriends used to make this for us when we'd get together and hang out. It is easy enough to throw together and fancy enough to take anywhere.
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (not margarine)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate (chunks or chips)
- 25 caramels
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate squares in a microwave-safe bowl. Add sugar and eggs and stir until well-blended. Mix in flour until moistened and fold in nuts. Spread in a 9x13 pan lined with non-stick foil.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or just until done. Do Not Overbake!
- Meanwhile, place the unwrapped caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt completely, starting with 45 seconds at 70 percent power, then stirring. Microwave at 30 second intervals until completely smooth. Spread over brownies.
- Sprinkle with chocolate morsels. Cool in the pan.
- Lift out using the foil as handles and cut into squares.