Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
Top Review by rickoholic83
A chocolate lover's dream! I don't happen to be one but I knew with the addition of caramel I just might be won over. ;) These were very easy to put together and a big hit with the staff at school. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, QuC!
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with 1/3 cup milk.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, cream butter.
- Add cake mix and remaining milk; mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9 X 13 inches baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes; sprinkle chocolate chips over batter.
- Gently spread caramel mixture over chips.
- Spread remaining batter evenly over caramel layer.
- Return to the oven for 15 minutes.