Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Taste of Home. These rich, gooey bars are a popular treat. Great for potlucks or an anytime treat. The recipe shows a yield of 4 1/2 dozen--it depends on how small you cut them. They are rich, so a little can go a long way.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, cold and cubed
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Set half aside for topping.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Whisk caramel topping and remaining flour until smooth; drizzle over top.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours before cutting.
- Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Love it! One I always make sure to keep in my cook book. Very rich.