Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Family Circle Recipe, sure to be a hit with teens.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lb caramel
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350. Beat eggs, sugars, Miracle Whip and vanilla at med. speed with mixer; add four and baking soda.
- Set aside 1 cup of batter.
- Spread remaining batter into lightly greased 13'x9' pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Melt caramels with milk in heavy sauce pan over low heat, stirring frquently until smooth.
- Top crust with caramel mixture; sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon reserved 1 cup of batter by teaspoon fulls over nuts.
- Continue baking 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool; cut into squares.