Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a Taste of Home Magazine (Oct./Nov. 2002). I haven't tried it yet, but plan on trying it for Halloween! I guessed on the prep-time.
- 396.89 g package caramels
- 29.58 ml water
- 4 wooden sticks
- 4 large tart apples
- 473.18 ml chopped pecans or 473.18 ml peanuts
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 4.92 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml English toffee bits or 236.59 ml almond brickle chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the caramels and water.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave 30-45 seconds longer or until caramels are melted.
- Insert wooden sticks into apples.
- Dip apples into the caramel mixture, turning to coat.
- Coat with nuts; set on waxed paper to cool.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening; drizzle over apples.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Set on waxed paper to cool.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
this is good like seriously thank you its prefect for kids like me