Kim D.'s Note:
I found this in a Taste of Home Magazine (Oct./Nov. 2002). I haven't tried it yet, but plan on trying it for Halloween! I guessed on the prep-time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a microwave safe bowl, combine the caramels and water.
- 2Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir.
- 3Microwave 30-45 seconds longer or until caramels are melted.
- 4Insert wooden sticks into apples.
- 5Dip apples into the caramel mixture, turning to coat.
- 6Coat with nuts; set on waxed paper to cool.
- 7Melt chocolate chips and shortening; drizzle over apples.
- 8Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- 9Set on waxed paper to cool.
- 10Cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Apples
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.2
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 56.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
English toffee bits