Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light December 2009.
- 1 (16 ounce) boxwhite angel food cake mix
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons pecans, chopped and toasted
- Bake cake according to package instructions. Cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high for 30 seconds or until melted, stirring every 10 seconds. Drizzle chocolate over cake. Combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil, stirring just until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, and cook 4 minutes (do not stir). Remove from heat; quickly drizzle caramel over cake. Top with pecans.