Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This pie is quick and easy to put together. It's also yummy and rich, but not so rich that it wouldn't benefit from a scoop of vanilla ice cream ;)
For the Crust
- 7 ounces chocolate wafer crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Filling
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 10 ounces pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- For the Crust: Combine all of the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until evenly mixed.
- Press onto the bottom and sides of a 9 inch glass pie pan.
- Cover and freeze while you prepare the filling.
- For the Filling: Preheat oven to 350^F.
- in a heavy medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Add the pecans and cream and continue boiling until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate.
- Stir until blended.
- Pour hot filling into prepared crust, evenly distributing the pecans.
- Bake until filling is bubbly all over, about 10 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.