Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
from Christmas at Home with Mary & Martha "Dishin' Up Desserts & Hope" cookbook
Make and share this Chocolate Cappucino Brownies recipe from Food.com.
for Brownie Layer
- 14.79 ml instant espresso powder
- 7.39 ml boiling water
- 0 unsalted butter, cut up
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
for Cream Cheese Frosting
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar, sifted
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 11.09 ml instant espresso powder
- 7.39 ml boiling water
- 85.04 g fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not sweetened)
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- for Brownie Layer:.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 and butter and flour 8x8 inch baking pan, tapping out excess flour. Set aside.
- 2. Dissolve espresso powder in boiling water. In heavy 1 1/2-qt saucepan, combine chocolate and butter with espresso mixture; melt ingredients over low heat, stirring until smooth; remove pan from heat.
- 3. Cool mixture to lukewarm, then whisk in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, whisking well until mixture is glossy and smooth. Stir in flour and salt until just combined; stir in walnuts.
- 4. Spread batter evenly in pan and bake in middle of oven for 22 - 25 minutes or until tester comes out with crumbs adhering to it.
- 5. Cool brownie layer completely in pan on rack.
- for Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- 6. In bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon; beat until combined well.
- 7. Spread frosting evenly over cooled brownie layer. Chill frosted brownies for 1 hour or until frosting is firm.
- for Glaze:.
- 8. Dissolve espresso powder in boiling water.
- 9. In double boiler or metal bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water, combine chocolate and butter with cream and espresso mixture; melt ingredients over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- 10. Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat. Cool glaze to room temperature.
- 11. Spread glaze carefully over firm cream cheese frosting layer.
- 12. Chill brownies, covered, until cold, at least 3 hours.
- 13. Cut chilled brownies into 24 squares and remove them from pan while still cold. Serve brownies cold or at room temperature.
- 14. Brownies keep, covered and chilled, for 5 days.