2 hrs 5 mins
from Christmas at Home with Mary & Martha "Dishin' Up Desserts & Hope" cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for Brownie Layer
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 tablespoon boiling water
- unsalted butter, cut up
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
for Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1for Brownie Layer:.
- 21. Preheat oven to 350 and butter and flour 8x8 inch baking pan, tapping out excess flour. Set aside.
- 32. Dissolve espresso powder in boiling water. In heavy 1 1/2-qt saucepan, combine chocolate and butter with espresso mixture; melt ingredients over low heat, stirring until smooth; remove pan from heat.
- 43. Cool mixture to lukewarm, then whisk in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, whisking well until mixture is glossy and smooth. Stir in flour and salt until just combined; stir in walnuts.
- 54. Spread batter evenly in pan and bake in middle of oven for 22 - 25 minutes or until tester comes out with crumbs adhering to it.
- 65. Cool brownie layer completely in pan on rack.
- 7for Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- 86. In bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon; beat until combined well.
- 97. Spread frosting evenly over cooled brownie layer. Chill frosted brownies for 1 hour or until frosting is firm.
- 10for Glaze:.
- 118. Dissolve espresso powder in boiling water.
- 129. In double boiler or metal bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water, combine chocolate and butter with cream and espresso mixture; melt ingredients over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- 1310. Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat. Cool glaze to room temperature.
- 1411. Spread glaze carefully over firm cream cheese frosting layer.
- 1512. Chill brownies, covered, until cold, at least 3 hours.
- 1613. Cut chilled brownies into 24 squares and remove them from pan while still cold. Serve brownies cold or at room temperature.
- 1714. Brownies keep, covered and chilled, for 5 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cappucino Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.2
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 46.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: