Recipe by mollypaul
A lighter version of chocolate heaven with TONS of taste from the Lake Austin Spa Resort as published in our local newspaper.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup flour, plus enough to dust pan
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, plus
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, melted
- cooking spray
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup instant cappuccino mix (2 envelopes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine baking powder, 1 cup of flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, oil, vanilla, egg white together and add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Spray a 4 x 6 baking pan (or a loaf pan) with cooking spray and dust with remaining flour Spread the batter in the pan.
- Mix brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa powder together and sprinkle over cake batter.
- Combine hot water and cappuccino mix in a bowl and gently pour over the top of cake batter (do not stir).
- Bake one hour or until top springs back when touched.
- Serve warm with a dollop of frozen yogurt, if desired.