Recipe by Barb G.
This is a dessert cannoli. If you can not find the cannoli cones, use sugar cones. The recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens. Cooking time is chill time.
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 purchased cannoli cones or 12 sugar ice cream cones (these are NOT cannoli shells)
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For filling, Combine ricotta cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla in a medium bowl; Stir or beat until smooth, fold in chocolate pieces; Cover and chill.
- Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip; Pipe filling into cones.
- Sift powdered sugar over cones; Chill UP TO 1 Hour.
- Don't let set longer, they will get soggy.