Drizzled with chocolate sauce and loaded with chocolate chips, this will become a chocoholic’s favorite adaptation of the classic Sicilian pastry. From Prevention.com. Recipe Tips: If you don't have cannoli molds, use the thick handle of a metal whisk or another ovenproof tube about 1/2" in diameter. CARBOHYDRATES 11.7 G
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F
- 2Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- 3In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and use to lightly brush both sides of a wonton skin.
- 4Sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
- 5Shape into a tube by curling opposite corners around a cannoli mold. Place, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- 6Repeat to make a total of 16 shells (work in batches, if necessary, according to how many molds you have).
- 7Bake for 7 minutes, or until lightly browned at the edges and set.
- 8Remove from the oven and let stand on a rack for 3 minutes, or until the shells have cooled on the molds and are crisp.
- 9Gently slide them onto the rack to cool completely.
- 10In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla.
- 11Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat well.
- 12Stir in 2 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.
- 13Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 14Just before serving, spoon the ricotta mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip.
- 15Pipe into the shells from both ends.
- 16Place the remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon butter in a small microwaveable bowl.
- 17Microwave on high power, stirring every 20 seconds, until the chocolate is almost melted.
- 18Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- 19Using a fork, drizzle over the cannoli.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cannoli
Serving Size: 1 (725 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.1
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 81.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g