Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 50 mins
Cook 8 mins
Drizzled with chocolate sauce and loaded with chocolate chips, this will become a chocoholic’s favorite adaptation of the classic Sicilian pastry. From Prevention.com. Recipe Tips: If you don't have cannoli molds, use the thick handle of a metal whisk or another ovenproof tube about 1/2" in diameter. CARBOHYDRATES 11.7 G
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and use to lightly brush both sides of a wonton skin.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
- Shape into a tube by curling opposite corners around a cannoli mold. Place, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat to make a total of 16 shells (work in batches, if necessary, according to how many molds you have).
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until lightly browned at the edges and set.
- Remove from the oven and let stand on a rack for 3 minutes, or until the shells have cooled on the molds and are crisp.
- Gently slide them onto the rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat well.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, spoon the ricotta mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip.
- Pipe into the shells from both ends.
- Place the remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon butter in a small microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high power, stirring every 20 seconds, until the chocolate is almost melted.
- Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, drizzle over the cannoli.