Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a recipe to be made during the Holiday season - so delicious and so easy!!
- 1 (250 g) packagephiladelphia brick cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 squares baker's semisweet chocolate, melted
- 6 squares baker's white chocolate
- 12 hard peppermint candies, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Blend in semisweet chocolate.
- Shape Tablespoons of dough into 52 balls. Roll each into 3-inch long rope, Place, 2-inches apart on baking sheets, bending top of each slightly to resemble a candy cane.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned; cool 5 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
- Microwave white chocolate as directed on package. Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
- NOTE: A minute or two can make the difference between perfectly baked cookies and over-baked cookies. Since oven temperatures can vary, check cookies at the lowest bake time and remove from the oven when tops are lightly browned and centers are just set.