Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this from the Kraft magazine..I made it for Christmas and it was a big hit!! I used a handful of chocolate chips instead of semi sweet chunks and used an entire tub of cool whip for the icing!
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Grease 2 9" round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, and water in large bowl with electric mixer on low until just moist.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes until well blended.
- Stir in chopped chocolate and 2 Tablespoons of the crushed candy canes.
- Spoon batter into pans.
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then cool completely on wire rack.
- Place one layer of the cake on a plate and spread evenly with 1 cup of cool whip.
- Top with remaining cake layer and frost with the rest of the cool whip.
- Garnish with crushed candy cane.
Very tasty! This is probably the best cake I have ever made - and it's almost looks too cute to eat too! Will be making for the in-laws. Thanks for posting.
I made this recipe after seeing it in a Kraft ad and it was fabulous! Very dense and rich, the cool whip was a perfect frosting!