1/1 Photo of Chocolate Candy Cane Cake
1 hr 20 mins
I got this from the Kraft magazine..I made it for Christmas and it was a big hit!! I used a handful of chocolate chips instead of semi sweet chunks and used an entire tub of cool whip for the icing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- 2Grease 2 9" round cake pans.
- 3Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, and water in large bowl with electric mixer on low until just moist.
- 4Beat on medium speed 2 minutes until well blended.
- 5Stir in chopped chocolate and 2 Tablespoons of the crushed candy canes.
- 6Spoon batter into pans.
- 7Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour until toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan for 10 minutes then cool completely on wire rack.
- 9Place one layer of the cake on a plate and spread evenly with 1 cup of cool whip.
- 10Top with remaining cake layer and frost with the rest of the cool whip.
- 11Garnish with crushed candy cane.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Candy Cane Cake
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.2
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 293.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: