Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. My son really likes this cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate-covered english toffee bars, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended.
- Slowly pour the warm topping mixture over the top of the warm cake, letting it sink into the slits; then sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars liberally across the entire cake while still warm.
- Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping.
- Decorate the top of the cake with some more chocolate toffee bar chunks and swirls of caramel topping.
- Refrigerate and serve right from the pan!