Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great no-bake summer dessert taken from a Cool Whip container.
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup Heath candy bar, chopped
- 3 cups milk, cold
- 2 (2 3/4 ounce) packages chocolate instant pudding (4 serve size)
- Mix crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and melted margarine in 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Press firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in medium bowl until smooth.
- Gently stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle chopped candy over cream cheese.
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Add pudding mixes and beat with whisk 1minute.
- Pour over chopped candy layer.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding layer.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Garnish with additional candy if desired.
I only used 8 oz of cool whip, in the cream cheese layer, and skipped any extra on top because it seemed rich enough. It was much more time consuming than I had anticipated and dirtied a lot of bowls and utensils. I made it last night for serving tonight because similar recipes I have made allow for that. This one doesn't seem to hold up as well though, as the layer of pudding on top became somewhat watery and was starting to separate by the time we ate it. I would give it four stars on flavor alone, but the amount of work involved is a bit much for me when there are similar tasting recipes that are much faster. Despite the pudding separating however, it DID have a very good flavor that the whole family enjoyed. Thanks for posting!