Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so tasty! It was my first time using an ice cream maker. Super fun, and sooo yummy.
- 7 1⁄2 eggs
- 3 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 pint heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 6 cups cold milk
- 3 cups milk chocolate candies
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine the evaporated milk, heavy cream, condensed milk and sugar in a saucepan and cook for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir about 1 cup of hot mixture into the beaten eggs.
- Add egg mixture to the remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Let cool.
- Add vanilla extract and vanilla pudding to mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour into freezer canister and add enough milk to bring the mixture to the fill line (per manufacturer's Ice Cream Maker Directions) and freeze as directed.
- During last 5 minutes of freezing open canister lid and pour in chocolate candies.