1/1 Photo of Chocolate Candied Oranges for Mary
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the oranges, then cut them in half from stem to stern. (Do not peel!). Slice each half in 1/4 inch slices, discarding ends.
- 2In a medium saucepan, mix sugar and water. Heat sugar mixture over medium heat, bring sugar mixture to a boil.
- 3Add orange slices and carefully dunk them with a wooden spoon. (Do not stir!).
- 4Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Carefully dunk the floating slices occasionally.
- 5Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- 6Remove slices from pan and place on rack over a cookie pan.
- 7Turn oven on to warm, place oranges on middle rack, leave the oven door slightly open and leave them for several hours or overnight.
- 8Toss the dried slices in sugar.
- 9Pour chocolate chips in a microwave proof bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute Stir chips and return to the microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat until all the chips are smoothly melted.
- 10Dip the slices in the chocolate and place them on waxed paper to dry.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Candied Oranges for Mary
Serving Size: 1 (1698 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 0.1 g