Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chewy, chocolaty cookies made with cream cheese and chocolate cake mix. Easy & tasty. My kids love to make these with me for their lunch boxes. Try different flavors to mix it up!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cream cheese and butter in deep bowl until well blended.
- Beat in egg.
- Beat in vanilla and chocolate syrup.
- Beat in chocolate chips.
- Beat in or mix in by hand the dry cake mix. Batter will be very thick.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls and roll generously in powdered sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 12 minutes.
- Scrape cookies from bottom of pan immediately and allow to cool completely on pan or another flat surface (not cooling rack).
- For larger cookies, increase your baking time by a few minutes. Cookies should be set and hold their form when being removed from pan by spatula.