Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Made this recipe in a baking class years ago. It's so sinful. When you take your first bite, the liquid center oozes out and makes its own sauce. I serve this with a strawberry coulis and a dab of creme fraiche.
- Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit.
- Butter and flour six four ounce ramekins.
- Over a double boiler melt the butter and chocolate together.
- Beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar, until light colored and thick.
- Whisk the chocolate mixture into the egg/sugar mixture, and then whisk in the flour, until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the ramekins, and bake for 6 or 7 minuntes.
- Invert onto a serving plate, top with whatever garnishes you like.
- Seve Immediately.
Oh wow! This is unbelievably good, and easy to make besides. The sauce comes out just right: thick and chocolatey and totally out of this world. I used chocolate with 48% cocoa, and it worked beautifully. I had a little bit of trouble getting some of the cakes to come out of the ramekins intact, so next time I'm going to try lining the bottom with baking paper.
an elegant dessert for guests, i served this with fresh raspberries and whipped cream. my guests were oohing and aahing. i am only sorry that they were all eaten before i could take a photo.