Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
Taken from the Colorado Bed and Breakfast cook book and adapted. Very good ... we enjoyed it. This is perfect for a special breakfast. Or top the bread with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream before adding the syrup and raspberries, and it becomes a memorable dessert.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour milk (put 1 Tablespoon vinegar in a measuring cup, add milk to 1 1/4 cup and let sit 5 minutes)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- smucker natural red raspberry flavored syrup
- 1 -2 cup fresh red raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking, soda, cocoa, sugar and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine the egg, melted butter and sour milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Fold in nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Do not overbake.
- Presentation: Place a pieve of warm bread on a small plate.
- Drizzle Smucker's natural red raspberry syrup over bread and around plate.
- Garnish with fresh red raspberries.