Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Taken from the Colorado Bed and Breakfast cook book and adapted. Very good ... we enjoyed it. This is perfect for a special breakfast. Or top the bread with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream before adding the syrup and raspberries, and it becomes a memorable dessert.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour milk (put 1 Tablespoon vinegar in a measuring cup, add milk to 1 1/4 cup and let sit 5 minutes)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- smucker natural red raspberry flavored syrup
- 1 -2 cup fresh red raspberries
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking, soda, cocoa, sugar and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine the egg, melted butter and sour milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Fold in nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Do not overbake.
- Presentation: Place a pieve of warm bread on a small plate.
- Drizzle Smucker's natural red raspberry syrup over bread and around plate.
- Garnish with fresh red raspberries.