Taken from the Colorado Bed and Breakfast cook book and adapted. Very good ... we enjoyed it. This is perfect for a special breakfast. Or top the bread with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream before adding the syrup and raspberries, and it becomes a memorable dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sour milk (put 1 Tablespoon vinegar in a measuring cup, add milk to 1 1/4 cup and let sit 5 minutes)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- smucker natural red raspberry flavored syrup
- 1 -2 cup fresh red raspberries
- 1In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking, soda, cocoa, sugar and salt.
- 2In a smaller bowl combine the egg, melted butter and sour milk.
- 3Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- 4Fold in nuts, if desired.
- 5Pour batter into a greased 9x5inch loaf pan.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 7Do not overbake.
- 8Presentation: Place a pieve of warm bread on a small plate.
- 9Drizzle Smucker's natural red raspberry syrup over bread and around plate.
- 10Garnish with fresh red raspberries.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cake With Raspberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.9
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 614.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g