Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Elegant dessert, perfect for special occasions, but yummy any time. Top with whipped cream and additional pecans if desired.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and milk.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, and gradually add this mixture to the egg mixture; mix well.
- Stir in vanilla, and transfer to an 8" square baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine caramels and water.
- Cook over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add pecans, and cool slightly.
- Cut cake into squares, and drizzle with warm sauce.