Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Not everybody loves cheesecake, like I do. In fact my husband is always asking for this chocolate cake. One of many recipes, but this has a great texture and the sauce, oh is to die for. It's very rich.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan or microwave, prepare pudding with milk according to package directions for pudding.
- Pour into a mixing bowl; add dry cake mix and beat until well blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. X 9-in. X 2-in. Baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and edges pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat.
- Stir in evaporated milk and sugar until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 8 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm sauce over cake.
- If desired, garnish with mint.