Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
Not everybody loves cheesecake, like I do. In fact my husband is always asking for this chocolate cake. One of many recipes, but this has a great texture and the sauce, oh is to die for. It's very rich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) chocolate cake mix
- 1In a saucepan or microwave, prepare pudding with milk according to package directions for pudding.
- 2Pour into a mixing bowl; add dry cake mix and beat until well blended.
- 3Spread into a greased 13-in. X 9-in. X 2-in. Baking pan.
- 4Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and edges pull away from sides of pan.
- 5Cool on a wire rack.
- 6For sauce, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat.
- 7Stir in evaporated milk and sugar until smooth.
- 8Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 8 minutes or until thickened.
- 9Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- 10Serve warm sauce over cake.
- 11If desired, garnish with mint.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cake With Fudge Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.3
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 490.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 47.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g