A wonderful cake! It has no cholesterol and it's relatively low in fat - but still it's SO VERY TASTY!! And it's even better next day...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sift
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sift
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon guar gum (optional) or 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- 1 cup raw sugar or 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia (or 1 more cup of sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups soymilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a big bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, soda, salt and guar gum (if using).
- 3In another bowl combine sugar, soy milk, vanilla. Dissolve coffee powder in 2 tbsp boiling water, and add. Mix in oil. Stir to blend.
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix well.
- 5Quickly stir in vinegar and transfer to a non-stick (or greased) baking pan (9"x13").
- 6Bake 20-22 minutes.
- 7Then make the coconut toppping: combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to a boil, stirring constantly 1-2 minutes.
- 8Pour over the cake and bake additionally 5 minutes, or until coconut mixture starts to bubble a lot.
- 9Let cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cake With Coconut Topping (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (2041 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5388.6
- Calories from Fat 1258
- Total Fat 139.8 g
- Saturated Fat 52.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4642.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 980.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 52.0 g
- Sugars 615.9 g
- Protein 100.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: