The ultimate comfort food. Cook time and servings are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- unsweetened cocoa (for dusting pan)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 13 x 9" baking pan, dust with cocoa, tapping out excess.
- 3Heat butter& chocolate in large sauce pan over medium heat stirring frequently until melted and smooth Remove from heat.
- 4Stir in sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth.
- 5Gradually whisk in buttermilk, then eggs.
- 6Add flour, baking soda, salt& baking powder, whisking until smooth.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 8Bake 25- 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool 5 minutes.
- 10Heat broiler.
- 11Stir remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla into can of sweetened condensed milk; spread over warm cake Sprinkle cake evenly with coconut.
- 12Place cake under broiler for 2- 3 minutes until coconut is golden.
- 13Cool cake completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cake with Coconut Icing
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.3 mg
- Sodium 237.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g