Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Low fat, but definitely not low sugar or low cal. This cake WILL stop your chocolate cravings!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup prune juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Black Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Use Pam to spray an 8x8-inch cake pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients from the cake list.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Pour in pan and bake 40-50 minutes.
- For the sauce, put the water and sugar in a pan.
- Bring to a boil; add the cocoa.
- Simmer 5 minutes, then stir in the vanilla.
- Poke holes in the cake; pour the sauce over top.
If you're looking for something chocolatey, this is it! I was looking for a quick, easy dessert, and this is a winner. No sifting, eggs, or oil! The only changes I made were using orange juice in place of prune juice, and using orange extract in place of vanilla extract, as they were what I had on hand. Warning...this is addictive! I put a scoop of vanilla icecream on it, and have eaten 2 pieces so far. I have a feeling this isn't going to last long. Thanks for posting this quick, easy recipe!
Very easy and delicious. Next time I'll have to make sure to have some vanilla ice cream on hand. Perfect.