Chocolate Cake W/Chocolate Frosting Gspeed
- Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, blend the milk, prunes, vanilla extract, egg whites and coffee. Make a well in the dry ingredients and then pour in the wet ingredients. Beat well for 2-3 minutes Grease two 9-in. round cake pans and then divide batter equally between pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes ur until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cakes cook in pans for 10 mins., then turn out onto a wire rack. Cool.
- Frosting: heat whipping cream just until it boils. Remove from heat and add the chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a glass or plastic bowl and refrigerate. For the next hour, beat the frosting every 10 minutes until it thickens. Frost the cake and decorate with walnuts, if desired.