1/2 Photos of Chocolate Cake to Die For
This is a moist, sweet, chocolatey/fudgy cake that a former co-worker of mine used to bake for potlucks at work. She gave me the recipe to me when I left. I'm not sure where she got the recipe from. NOTE: Although the recipe calls for a 16oz jar of Mrs. Richardson's hot fudge, you can of course use a jar of your favorite fudge. I used a jar of Hershey's hot fudge once because it was on sale, but prefer the Mrs. Richardson's one more. Also, this recipe has the cake topped with whipped cream and crushed candy bars, but I've served the cake with just the hot fudge topping, and still got rave reviews (no one minded the holes on the top of the cake).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box betty crocker fudge cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water (for cake mix)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (for cake mix)
- 3 eggs (for cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mrs. richardson's hot fudge
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (to top) (optional)
- 2 7/8 ounces Skor candy bars (to top, optional) (optional) or 2 7/8 ounces Heath candy bars, broken into pieces (to top) (optional)
- 1Bake cake according to directions.
- 2Immediately after baking, poke holes all over cake with end of wooden spoon (like aerating your lawn).
- 3Pour can of condensed milk on top of the cake (filling in the holes as much as possible--I often use a spatula to scrape condensed milk that has gathered at the edge of the pan into the holes).
- 4Melt jar of hot fudge and pour that over the cake (covering the top of the cake with fudge, but again, filling in the holes as much as possible. I also use a spatula here to scrape hot fudge that has gathered at the edge of the pan into the holes).
- 5Before serving, top cake with Cool Whip and crushed Score or Heath Bar. (optional, but covers up the holes to make the cake look more presentable).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cake to Die For
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.5
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 728.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 62.9 g
- Protein 11.3 g