CALLING ALL CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER FREAKS--I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE!!! These are yummy and are kind of like Drake's Funny Bones, especially if you glaze them with a thin chocolate glaze:) I still don't know which way is better to eat these--still slightly warm or chilled. Sometimes, when I REALLY can't make up my mind, I eat them both ways, on the same day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch processed)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (same as above)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Grease and flour 12 standard-size muffin cups (or, line with paper liners); set aside.
- 3FILLING: Combine the peanut butter and sugar in a small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- 4CUPCAKES: Combine the cocoa powder and hot water in a cup until smooth; set aside.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 6In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, cream the butter and peanut butter until light and creamy; slowly blend in the brown sugar.
- 7Lower the mixer speed to medium; blend in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- 8Blend in the cocoa mixture, then the vanilla; blend well.
- 9Lower mixer speed to low.
- 10Blend in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and beating just until combined.
- 11Spoon about 2/3 of the batter into the prepared tins.
- 12Top with equal amounts of filling, then the remaining batter; smooth tops.
- 13Bake until tops are cracked, edges are springy, and centers are still soft when pressed gently with a fingertip, about 20 minutes.
- 14Cool in the tins slightly before removing.
- 15Frost or glaze with your favorite topping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cake-Peanut Butter Cups
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 186.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g