Recipe by hidenka mei mei
A chocolate cake that can be whipped up in 15 minutes-plus cooking time! The beauty of this cake is that it is made in the microwave, and is surprisingly good for such few ingredients. Great as a last minute dessert or just when you feel like getting a home-made chocolate fix with minimal fuss. This cake won 'best dessert' in the international cookbook competition in UNSW, entered by Jenna Linehan.
- 125 g dark cooking chocolate
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 75 g white sugar
- 75 g flour (any kind works, including rice or corn flour)
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave in a large microwave-safe container.
- Stir in eggs, flour and sugar.
- Put the mixture in the microwave for 5 minutes on high.
- Allow it to settle in the container for 10 minutes then serve warm with vanilla ice cream or double cream (I like chocolate syrup made from melted cooking chocolate mixed with some milk).