Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fast, 2 servings of chocolate cake. No baking powder or baking soda means low sodium. Splenda replaces sugar for low calorie or diabetic version.
- Optional: Add 2 tbsp chocolate chips.
- Reduce flour by 1 - 2 tsp if using all purpose.
- Mix dry ingredients in a coffee mug.
- Whisk egg white in a separate cup, add remaining wet ingredients, whisk to mix well. If your applesauce is thick, dilute with a bit of water before using.
- Add to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Microwave 3 minutes on high. (1000W). The cake will likely rise above the top of the cup but that's OK.
- Let stand 1 - 2 minutes to finish rising and cool slightly.
- Run a knife around inside of cup, tip out and eat.
- If you diet allows it, this is nice with a bit of vanilla ice cream. Otherwise try it with some diet whipped topping.
I really liked this recipe partly because it's just the right amount for 1 or 2 people. I made this as posted, however, I used 1 whole egg instead of 2 whites. I think next time I would add some chocolate chips or make a chocolate sauce to drizzle over it. It's definitely low sodium which is okay, however, my taste buds knew that something was missing. Thank you for contributing to my collection of recipes. Update: I've made this several times and found that I like it better if I use 3 Tblsp olive oil instead of applesauce. Sincerely, Sherry Belle
Decent considering that it was sugar-free and low-fat, but I didn't love it. I drizzled chocolate sauce on top instead of adding chocolate chips.
Pretty good for being so light. Made following the recipe + added 2 Tbsp caramel chips. The caramel all sank to the bottom, but it was good regardless. Used a gluten-free flour mix and egg white substitute as well.