Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
I got this one November while doing NaNoWriMo. It's great for a chocolate fix or a cake fix, and it's a perfect cake to share.
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix dry ingredients very well in mug.
- Add egg and mix well or you will have bits of egg white in your cake.
- Add liquids and mix well. Make sure you have no pockets of dry ingredients remaining.
- Microwave on high about 2 minutes. Cake is done 15 - 30 seconds after rising.
This is only the 2nd mug cake recipe I've tried and I'm not trying any others. I've already scooped out multiple batches of the dry ingredients into baggies for even quicker gluttony. The first was perfect, the second was perfect and the 3rd I let sit in the microwave while I did dishes and then got it and it was dried out, so either I cooked it too long or it didn't like waiting to be eaten. Either way, this recipe is great! moist. yum.
This is such a wonderful idea! I love that it takes less than five minutes to make and I don't have to worry about cake going to waste. Thank you for sharing this, I'm very surprised that nobody else has reviewed this amazing recipe!