1/3 Photos of Chocolate Cake, I Just Love This One
1 hr 20 mins
Maya's Mama's Note:
This is a recipe for a very yummy chocolate cake. I went through a lot to get this recipe perfect. But I have it now and thought that I should share it, since this is a cake loved by many. It's rich and creamy, good for adults and kids. And trust me, you'll love it. The key with this cake is taking it out of the oven at the correct time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 2 1/2 cups loosely packed brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares (80g, or 85% or higher)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup boiling water, and
- 1 pinch salt
Butter cream frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt chocolate in microwave (30 seconds at a time) or in a double boiler.
- 3Grease two 9-inch cake pans.
- 4Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 5In a separate larger bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until light.
- 6Add sugar and continue beating.
- 7Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl well after each addition.
- 8Beat on high speed for 5 minutes.
- 9Add vanilla and chocolate.
- 10Stir in sifted dry ingredients alternately with sour cream (starting and ending with flour, i.e. add some flour, then some sour cream, then more flour -- etc).
- 11Stir in boiling water.
- 12Pour into pans.
- 13Bake for 35 minutes (start testing for doneness after about 27 minutes; if there are a few moist crumbs on the tester, it's ok to take it out).
- 14Cool in pans for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove to a rack and let cool completely before icing.
- 15To make the frosting: Mix all the frosting ingredients together in mixer. Once it is well mixed, frost the cake generously.
- 16Enjoy :-D.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cake, I Just Love This One
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 986.1
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 158.3 mg
- Sodium 611.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 119.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g