Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
Super moist, super chocolaty, and super easy. Made with boxed items on hand, it's great when the occasion calls for a quick dessert to take with you.
- 18 ounces fudge cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate pudding (I like to use milk chocolate, but darker chocolate would work too)
- 2 cups milk
- Cool Whip (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease bottom only of 9x13 pan. Make cake mix using ingredients and directions on box.
- Cool cake completely.
- Poke cake all over with a wooden spoon handle.
- Beat pudding mix with the 2 cups of milk. Whisk till smooth and partially set. Pour evenly over top of cake.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight (the longer it sits, the wetter it gets so leftovers should be eaten quickly). Serve with dollops of cool whip and a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips if desired.