1/11 Photos of Chocolate Cake Express
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
I'm not a great baker, but I have never had a flop with this cake. it is simple to prepare, yet rich, moist and dense, always enjoyed. From Readers Digest : Quick And Thrifty Cooking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 190 C / 375°F.
- 2Grease and flour a 20 cm cake tin.
- 3Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- 4Make a well in the centre of the mixture, and add the vanilla essence, vinegar and oil, then gradually stir in the water.
- 5Continue stirring until thoroughly blended, but do not over-mix.
- 6Pour all of the batter into the cake tin, and bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake, comes out clean.
- 7Do not over bake, the secret to this cake is its moistness.
- 8Cool in the tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then transfer the cake from the tin to the rack, to cool completely.
- 9Sift the icing sugar over the top, and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cake Express
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 305.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g