Recipe by Chelle_DaysFlutterby
You don't have to give up chocolate cake just because you can't have dairy
Top Review by ammeroonski
This worked great as cupcakes too. Just shorten cooking time depending on the size of your muffin tins. When tops are no longer sticky and a toothpick comes out clean, they're done. Now I can have a happy birthday.
- 2⁄3 cup vegan margarine
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 4 ingredients in mixing bowl and beat for 3 minutes on high.
- Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with water to creamed mixture.
- Pour into 2 greased and cocoa powdered 9-inch round baking pans.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes at 350°F.
- Let cakes cool for 10 minutes, invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost, glaze or dust with confectioners' sugar.