Recipe by Starrynews
A rich cake-like brownie topped with a decadent frosting. You can substitute the whole milk in the frosting with whatever you have on hand; it just won't be as rich (but still delicious!). This recipe came down from my grandmother. It makes a 9 x 13" pan full of brownies!
Top Review by alligirl
Cake-y, moist and delicious! These are sooooo yummy! The icing/frosting is an added bonus! I used 1/2 & 1/2 for the frosting, as that is what I had on hand, but otherwise, followed the recipe as written! I really enjoyed them, and the folks with whom I shared them thought they were awesome! Thanks for sharing with us, Starry!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 1 cup flour
- nuts (optional)
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- For the brownies, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add chocolate, flour, and nuts.
- Pour into a 9” x 13” greased pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- While brownies are baking, prepare the frosting by boiling milk, sugar, and butter for 30 seconds.
- Remove from burner and add chocolate chips.
- Beat and spread on hot brownies.