- 1 cup sifted self raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa or 3 tablespoons drinking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons room temperature softened butter or 3 tablespoons butter substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 medium eggs, that are at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees C.
- Grease and flour a block cake tin.
- Put all ingredients except butter or butter substitue into an electric mixing bowl.
- Then add the soften butter or butter substitue.
- Beat all the ingredients well for 4 minutes.
- This will be a rather soft cake mixture.
- Bake in a good moderate oven, 350 degrees C.
- on the middle shelf of your oven for 1 hour or until the cake starts to come away from the sides of the cake tin.
- Do not over cook.