Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love Chocolate cake....yum
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 3⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- Grease and flour (or use cocoa powder) two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Cream butter,shortening, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs.
- Combine baking soda, baking cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add alternately with the milk to the batter.
- Blend well.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Frost with your favourite icing.
This is a good, basic chocolate cake rcipe.
This is a great recipe! I love the fact that the flour is unsifted. :) My husband and I both give it five stars!