Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious and easy chocolate cake to make. Try It!!
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup dark unsweetened cocoa
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease three 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl combine the boiling water with the cocoa powder; whisk until smooth and cool.
- Sift together the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffly.
- Beat in eggs one at time; add vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture, alternately with the cocoa mixture, to the butter mixture.
- Spread batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.