Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty but light choco-cake, excellant for birthdays or just for afternoon tea!
- 12 ounces self-raising flour
- 12 ounces butter
- 12 ounces caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- icing sugar
- cocoa powder
- chocolate shavings
- more butter
- apricot jam
- Cream flour and butter and sugar.
- Mix eggs seperatley then add to the mix and stir.
- Add half a tablespoon of cocoa powder and stir.
- Spilt between two lined/greased cake tins.
- Cook on 190 degrees for about 20mins (keep an eye to ensure burning doesn't occur.).
- Insert a knife near the edge and ensure it comes out clean before removing from the oven.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes then put on a wire rack.
- Cream butter and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Add two tsp of cocoa powder and if desried add melted chocolate.
- Spread jam on one of the cakes, then spread a layer of the filling.Sandwich the sponges.
- Spread the remaining layer on the the top and sprinkle choco flakes.