Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious chocolate cake which my brother absolutely loves--great with a big dollop of cream or a simple chocolate sauce its perfect for a simple desert.
- 185 g of soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- Semi melt the butter and place in a bowl with the sugar and stir until combined then add the 3 eggs one at a time.
- After all is combined add the vanilla essence and stir again until combined.
- Sift the plain flour,baking powder and the coco powder together.
- Pour in the wet mixture and stir through, add the milk gradually until it looks like a fluffy mousse.
- Spray the bottom of a dish with spray and cook and scoop in, even it out then put in the oven for 30 mins at 180°C.
- Its ready when a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with a chocolate sauce or a some cream.