Recipe by Cindy Lynn
This cake is very moist and extremely easy to make.
Top Review by Evie*
Was looking through the newest recipes as I wanted a lunch box filler. Loved the sound of this as it was super easy. I used 2 round 9" pans and it took just over 30 minutes. Used a butter icing. Has turned out lovely and moist. Thanks for posting. =)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup boiling water or 1 cup coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure all ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Blend with electric mixer, beginning on low setting, and increasing speed until batter is of smooth consistency.
- Pour into greased and floured cake pan (s) (1 9x13 or 3 small layer).
- Bake at 350 degrees until toothpick tests clean.
- Frost with your favorite frosting when cool.