Recipe by shelleybakerworld
I love this recipe because you put it all on one pan. You don't have millions of dishes to wash. It also is delicious.
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have ready a 13 x 9-in. baking pan.
- Put all dry ingredients into the ungreased pan. Stir with a whisk until blended.
- With a wooden spoon, make 3 "wells" in the mixture.
- Pour oil into one well, vinegar in another, and the vanilla in the third.
- Pour 2 cups of lukewarm water over the entire thing. Stir until blended, scaping the sides, corners and bottom of the pan.
- Use a paper towel to wipe excess batter from the sides of the pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven to a wire rack and sprinkle chocolate chips over cake.
- Let stand 5 minutes until soft, then spread in decorative swirls.
- Let cool completely.