Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This chocolate cake is delicious and simple. It is very easy to make and tastes great.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- Grease two 9 inch cake pans.
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil,2 eggs, vanilla, and boiling water.
- Beat for 2 minutes.
- pour evenly into the two pans.
- bake for about 30 minutes.
This chocolate cake is great, easy to make, not too sweet. I have used it twice now for my chocolate tarta de tiramisu for my Spanish friends and they love it. I spoon coffee liquor onto cakes before filling and topping with a coffee liquor cream and cream cheese frosting. Thanks for the recipe.
Very good cake and very easy to make! Thank you!!