Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A family tradition.
Make and share this Chocolate Cafeteria Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Mix sugar, flour, salt and soda in large bowl.
- In medium saucepan, bring margarine, water, and cocoa to a boil.
- While warm add to dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Bake at 400° in a jelly roll pan for 12-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring the 6 tbs. margarine, 1/4 cup cocoa, and 5 tbs. milk to a boil (using same saucepan).
- Then add the powdered sugar.
- Spread the warm frosting on the cooled cake.
- Let cool and serve.