Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Received this recipe at the Christmas WIne Trail. It is to die for! How many times can chocolate burst into your mouth in a bit of a bubble, savored by every taste bud and then give a bit of a silken smooth refresher as an afterthought. This reipe does it and then some. Enjoy adopted and shared from the Quincy Cellars Winery cook time is refrigeration time
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
This is a spectacular chocolate dessert. I would definitely make this for a dinner party. I would say it serves 12, as it is very rich and a slender slice is enough. Great recipe!!! 6/10 update: I just served it to my book group to rave reviews. Serve it with a few raspberries for a beautiful presentation.
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 17 1⁄2 ounces chocolate, coarsely chopped (bittesweet-high quality)
- 1⁄8 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cookie crumbs in a bowl, pour melted butter over crumbs and mix to incorporate.
- Press cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Bake crust for 10 min or until firm.
- Cool crust completely on wire rack.
- While crust is cooling, place bittersweet chocolate in medium bowl and set aside.
- In smallheavy saucepan, whisk together the cream, wine, sour cream and sugar.
- Cook cream mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to bubble around the edges.
- Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate and let mixture stand for 30 seconds to melt the chocolate.
- Gently whick til smooth.
- Scrape the filling into the cookie crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.