Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
The winner of the first Bundts Across America Contest was this Chocolate Cabernet Flavors Di ‘Vine’ Wine Cake. I've made this bundt cake many times and it is so good and I wanted to post it here for safe keeping. Wine pairings: Darker red wines, such as Syrah, Cabernet and fruity Merlot; Sweeter reds such as Brachetto or Lambrusco; Ruby-style ports, including Late-Bottled and Vintage ports.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 3⁄4 cup raspberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberry (for garnish)
- powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Fill the cake pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cake cool in pan before removing to a wire rack.
- Invert the cake onto a platter and dust the cake and platter with powdered.
- Garnish around the cake with fresh raspberries.
This is such a great recipe! I made cupcakes instead of a bundt cake, and used a recipe for a cream cheese frosting that was not overly sweet. My fiance and a friend were more than happy to be my guinea pigs for this baking experiment, and my friend decided to rename this recipe "Sin on a Plate." The only alterations I made to the recipe (other than putting it into cupcake form) was to mix in 1/4 cup raspberry preserves instead of using raspberries, and using Devil's Food cake mix instead of chocolate--just because I had forgotten to pick up those items at the store!